• Anime/Manga,
  • Makeup,
  • Photography,
  • Pokemon,
  • Reading,
  • Sleeping,
  • Writing

Friday, 3 August 2012

Country

Wow, so I'm really bad at this whole blog thing, eh? Whoops, sorry.

I just got back from a four day vacation out in the country with the boyfriend, and let me tell you - you learn some things when you're stuck without cell phone service or internet.

1. I am not a dog person.
- His grandma and her husband own three dogs. Two of them are puppies and oh my god are they ever big and hyper and just a total hand-full and how this couple deals with them is beyond me. I was warned that the dogs are a little out of control, but nothing could have prepared me for that. I was covered in dirt a good portion of the time and slob, too, because they're just so big and messy and don't give a fuck.

2. Even though homemade Chinese food tastes better, it still makes me sick.
- Pretty self explanitory. I don't eat Chinese. I don't like it, it doesn't sit well with my stomach and it just isn't okay. But I decided to put my taste buds aside and have some regardless because I didn't want to be rude. It was good, but just like every other time, it made me sick. No Chinese for Tara.

3. I want a pet frog.
- They have a pond in their backyard, and over the course of the four days we saw about a dozen frogs just jamming, doing whatever. I asked my boyfriend to catch me one, so he caught me two. I obviously didn't bring them home because I can't take care of them and they'd die, but they were the cutest things in the world.

4. Mother cats are protective as fuck.
- Because it's out in the middle of nowhere French town, there's a lot of stray cats running around. One of them has decided to be kind of adopted into their family. Ami feeds her and gives her milk and all that stuff. Well, she gave birth a couple weeks ago (although we haven't seen the kittens yet) and she's very protective. Another kitten from a different litter, tried to steal some food and milk while the cat was there. She hissed at him, chased him away, even took a swat at him. Then she proceeded to spend the next 20 minutes leaving her scent everywhere, to let the other cats know not to fuck around. It was a little cute, to be honest.

5. I will live in the country when I'm older.
- It's just so peaceful, everything about it. So quiet, the air is clean and I sleep a lot better. I can't wait, it was perfection out there. I loved it, never wanted to come home.

6. I suck at badminton.
- It's been years since I've played, but we decided it'd be a good idea and a good work-out. Oh my god, talk about embarrassment. It was fun though, we laughed a lot at how badly we both were doing.


Some other stuff happened as well, like not having a phone which was beyond relaxing, but that's pretty much the jist of it. I had fun, and I hope I'll be able to go back sometime.
Also, I'll be 19 in seven days. Holy fuck.

No comments:

Post a Comment