• Anime/Manga,
  • Makeup,
  • Photography,
  • Pokemon,
  • Reading,
  • Sleeping,
  • Writing

Sunday, 1 July 2012

Canada Day

Whoa, as if it's already July.
Today's Canada Day. Instead of going out and getting ridiculously drunk like a good teenager probably should have, I stayed home and spent my day in bed, watching chick flicks and cuddling. Then like a good woman that I am, I cleaned and baked. It was a good day.

I just don't get the whole "Oh my god, it's Canada Day!" part of Canada Day. I just look at it like it's another day. And watching people getting shit faced isn't as fun as it used to be. Actually, it makes me kind of sick.
My brother went out, and on his way home he was cornered between all these drunks yelling back and forth, while someone lite up a bong a couple seats away from him. That isn't normal. You don't light bongs on buses. Every year I get more and more scared that all these 'holidays' are just being ruined because all anyone ever wants to do is go out and get hammered.
I understand the point in drinking, but what's the point if you're going to black out and forget everything from the night before? You act like an idiot, you get in trouble, and it doesn't seem worth it to me. Sure, I'm a straight edge, but that's only cause I've had my share of nights out and about and waking up the next morning being like, "What the fuck did I just do/Did that really happen" and it isn't all that exciting.
I get it's a 'birthday' and people celebrate by going out and drinking, but holy fuck. Calm down a little bit, there isn't a need to go overboard. Maybe I'm just bitter, though. Everyone tells me I'd be happier if I went out more and hung out with my friends and stuff but I'm so tired of everything always revolving around getting drunk or high or fucking random bitches cause they can.
No. Just stop. Regardless of how young you are, you're being an idiot. YOLO is not an excuse to act like a total retard and catch some sort of STD because you can. I feel like an old woman when I go on rants like these, but I really wish people would realize that someday they'll have to put the bottle down and start focusing on their life and what they want to do with it. I don't care if they're in Uni already, half of these kids should still be back in high school with the way they act.
It actually disgusts me when I hear about people getting smashed off their asses and getting into shit. It isn't 'cool' or 'hype'. You're gonna get hurt one day, or something's gonna happen and you're gonna fuck yourself over hard core and then what? You have nothing.
I'm obviously not saying don't drink ever, cause drinking in moderation can be fun sometimes, just holy fuck. Watch yourself. Learn your limits, plan ahead. Don't be a fucking idiot.

I hope everyone's had a safe and wonderful Canada Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment