• Anime/Manga,
  • Makeup,
  • Photography,
  • Pokemon,
  • Reading,
  • Sleeping,
  • Writing

Saturday, 10 December 2011

Getaway.

You know you haven't been on in awhile when you're signed out and don't remember your password. Awkward penguin.

I went to Montreal yesterday, spent the night. Came home around 3pm today. It was a short visit, extremely (which is why I just booked a week off in January to go back), but it was a much needed one. My friends 18th birthday was on Thursday, however, despite previous plans, we just stayed at my hotel for most of the night.
It was absolutely wonderful. I didn't realize how much I missed it, until I was days away from going and I couldn't wait any longer. Being  there made me feel so much better about everything.
I found my mothers Christmas present - one more thing to find and then I'm done!

We went shopping (obviously) and I found yellow low top Converse that I've been wanting for years. $55, couldn't say no. Then we went and saw Happy Feet 2, which is a GREAT movie, so cute. Again, I cried through the whole thing, but it's a cute movie so it's okay.
It was really gross out, just wet and rainy and stuff, so thankfully my hotel had a cute little restaurant built into the side of it. Once back at the hotel, we got changed and ready and went down for drinks and dinner. I don't understand what it is about French people, but I they have HUGE portions of food. Ridiculousness. I had ordered a Poutine, and it was just this massive plate of fries, cheese and gravy. It was delicious, and I really wish I could have finished it, but my stomach is not that big. The old man who was working there made fun of me for it, no big deal.
After dinner, we just went back up and watched TV, ate some more and talked. I hadn't seen my friend in fourish months, so it was really nice to just sit and catch up. Although I'm a little disappointed that I didn't get to stay as long as I had hoped, when I have more money and time, I'll be back. I just needed to go now so I wouldn't explode.

I'm exhausted, beyond comparison and I wish I could just stay in bed. But I have Starbucks plans with an old friend, which I cannot cancel on. Christmas present time! Woot.
I'll let you know if anything new happens :3

Montreal - Night Belvedere - Montreal, Quebec

No comments:

Post a Comment