• Anime/Manga,
  • Makeup,
  • Photography,
  • Pokemon,
  • Reading,
  • Sleeping,
  • Writing

Wednesday, 5 October 2011

Forbidden love


http://www.crunchyroll.com/sekai-ichi-hatsukoi-worlds-greatest-first-love
This is what I was watching last night, or better yet, till 4 o'clock this morning. It's about three guys that end up dealing with the fact that they're in love... with guys. It's the first time I've ever seen an Anime based on two guys being in love, and it caught my eye. I have a lot of gay friends, whom I love dearly, and it was kind of cool to see it  into something I love even more!
Usually, Animes and Mangas show girls being sexual with each other - as most viewers and readers are guys, and it's a guys fantasy. However, this show is more then just sex, and in fact, shows little sexual content aside from kissing. This is truly based on emotions of love and fear and how they deal with being in love with a man, because to them it isn't normal. It's stated many times "And he's a guy" as if it's a bad thing!
I found it rather amusing and heartwarming, as I watched their lives intertwine and come together and thought I'd share it :)
Anyway, I am off to work for now! Eight hour shifts are just THE best. (Praying for that Second Cup job!)
Talk to you later!

No comments:

Post a Comment